With Father's Day fast approaching, I would be remiss if I didn't take the time to pay tribute to my father, Vaughn Elliott Larsen. My dad has always sacrificed his own wants & desires for others. He gave up his job in the "corporate world" to return to the farm to help his dad who had become ill. He taught me the value of hard work. I remember the daily chores on the farm. Dad would come to my room every morning and wake me up to start the chores. He never took breaks himself, but allowed his kids to play sports, go on vacations, etc. All of these activities were at his expense in that the someone taking up the slack was always my dad. He's a great example of faith and good works. He's never sought glory and he's always done everything in his quiet, meek manner. He's done so much for the community and the church, and especially our family. He is truly a servant of the Lord. I love him dearly. The values he has taught me has made me a better husband, father, brother, provider/worker, and friend. Dad, I owe who I am to you. Thank you and I truly do love you! Your son, Curtis
P.S. The kids wanted to say that they absolutely adore their Grandpa Elliott.




4 comments:
Hey I know that handsome guy!!What a nice tribute Curtis, I love all the pictures. the one with Wyatt is great! We are looking forward to your visit!! Dad started cutting hay on thursday/ It is suppose to be good for 7-8 days so hopefully he can get it done with no rain.All is well here. We love you all grandma Candy
I love you too Grandpa Elliot!!!! Happy Father's Day!!!!!!
love,
Jess
p.s. Curtis, I loved all those pictures! How do you get them on there since I don't think they were taken with a digital camera.
Curtis;
Thank you for your message. It was very nice. Your blog is very nice. You will have to teach your parents to do the same. Happy Father's Day. Congratulations on selling your house. Love, Dad
Wow, they really do look alike that is pretty cool.
Happy Father's Day Curtis
Post a Comment