For those naysayers who thought we wouldn't survive our 5.5 hour flight to UT with 4 children...this post is for you. Heather and I awoke at 3:30am this morning to perform the last minute packing/cleaning dash. It is always amazing to me how long this actually takes, but I don't think we could do it any faster. We woke the kids up at the very last minute to take the Zebra shuttle to Logan airport in Boston. They arrived at 4:30am but we didn't actually leave the house until 5:00am. I warned the shuttle company, but they insisted on the earlier arrival time. Our flight wasn't until 7am so we had plenty of time. The kids enjoyed riding in a car with mom and dad without one of us driving. Instead, they had each one of us sitting on a row in the 15 passenger van. We've been extremely impressed with Zebra shuttles and continue to use them each time the family flys out of Logan airport. We took the Boston "Big Dig" tunnel system under the city of Boston and out to Logan airport. Thank heaven I still have status with Delta Airlines...they allowed us priority check in and a priority security line so we zoomed right through to our gate. The kids were great. Everyone cooperated and there were absolutely no signs of drama (a.k.a moist eyes and screaming). The six of us now occupy and entire row on the airplane. The flight was uneventful and there were no major meltdowns. Our best laid plans for parental naps were foiled by kids not being able to hear through their headphones, potty breaks, etc. We arrived in UT at 10:30am and Pappa Jerry was there to pick us up in the mini-van. We were all excited to see our Pappa Jerry, Meemaw, and Aunt Brittany (Heather's family)

The kids sure look excited and "cool and collected". It "wooks like Heather beather could use a nappy wappy"
Video from on the plane. The male flight attendant got mad at me for taking live video of other passengers. I told him, "I'm taking video of my family and the airplane..not the other passengers. It's not my fault they are occupying the other seats on the plane."
3 comments:
Congrats for the smooth flight!! What's your favorite part? I like when you first take off into the air! That's cool you took a video of it. I'm so so so so happy you're in UT!!! Heather and the kids are here. Wyatt is taller than Rebekah!!! They're really good w/ Lola. See you really really soon!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!
Jess
Hi, I jsut tried to call this morning to see if you all got here safe. I just get voice mail on the cell. Looks and sounds like all went well, you all are becoming the "seasoned travelers". It's busy up here on the farm. Grandpa is bailing hay as fast as he can. It's been wonderful first crop with no rain !! (Where's the wood to knock on) All the sprinklers are going and that is one busy job.
Looks like we are going to have another week of great weather.We are excited to see everyone!!! love U Grandma Candy
Not bad with four kids! Looks like you took your Shaklee that morning. I can relate when I flew from Cincy to UT by myself with Chelsea, Lauren and our dog as a carryon. Quite an adventure. How long are you going to be in the West?
Post a Comment