Monday, June 16, 2008

Farewell Kindergarten..Farewell 3rd Grade

Today was the last day of the school year 2007-2008. Logan said goodbye to 3rd grade and Emy said goodbye to kindergarten. Emy was so excited this morning. She told me..."Daddy, when you pick me up at the bus stop this afternoon, I'll be a 1st grader!!!" I decided to take the camera with me to catch her excitement of her final bus ride home as a kindergartner. Logan took the bus home to a friend's house today for a birthday/pool party and while he was extremely excited to be done with school, he wasn't nearly as excited about the advancement to 4th grade as Emy was about being done with kindergarten.
Last Day of School (Emy is holding her pet tadpole in her hand)
Close-up on the tadpole..isn't this amazing? We've watched this little guy transform before our eyes. He still has his tail, but he's mostly all frog. Isn't this the cutest thing you ever saw? Who needs a dog now?



The 2nd to last day of school. Emy is pictured with her "best friend" Angelo Ryan who is also in kindergarten and lives in the cul-de-sac.



The moment of truth. The final bus ride home as a kindergartner!

Emy gave us a guided tour home from the bus stop through the woods (the short cut). This was taken just after she emerged from her final bus ride home as a kindergartner. I can't believe she'll be in 1st grade. We're proud of you Emy! Great job completing kindergarten. You are a cutie and you 've done so well this year. Your reading is just awesome. Keep up the good work! We love you!!!

NOTE: Pictures of Logan will be coming soon.

4 comments:

Jessica said...

Congratulations Emy and Logan!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!! It's awesome that you're graduating kindergarten and 3rd grade and moving on to bigger and better grades!!!! I loved the shortcut through the woods. That was awesome! I'm glad you got a good teacher too Emy! See you soon!!!
Jessica

Anonymous said...

Emy you have grown up so much, you really look like your mom in that picture. 1st grade will be awesome and I am so excited that you love your new teacher. Enjoy your summer, it always seems to go by sooo fast!! We love you all, Gma Candy

Valerie Chandler said...

Curtis, I went through thsi great blog post by post. What a wonderful record you are keeping. I am impressed by your level of involvement with the family and your kids. You continue to be such a pleasant, impressive gentleman.

Your home in MA is gorgeous and it seems like you have a beautiful life there. What a nice share.

(And by the way, Greg tells me that the guy who let me into The Elms was Lyle Fuller. I'm disappointed that it wasn't you. I guess it was Preston and that BYU Intramural Basketball team where we became friends.)

Thanks for letting me peek in. What a blessed life!

And are you just new to Boston? Do tell me why you have a home in SL still....

Brittany S. G. said...

Man! I loved that guided tour. That was so great! It cracked me up how Wyatt was running way ahead in front then you said, "Hurry up, Wyatt's got to go to the bathroom." Bahaha... I love it. Anyway, congratulations Emy! I bet the last day of Kindergarten was way fun. And I CANNOT believe Logan is in 4th grade. I feel like I missed something here. Wow! :)

Love,
Aunt Brittany