Sunday, May 11, 2008

To My Mother - Candice Hope Parsons Larsen

Mother's Day is a day that is near and dear to my heart. I have a deep love and respect for my mother of 35 1/2 wonderful years. My mother has always sacrificed for my siblings and me. She was always there cheering me along no matter what I did. She's a woman full of love, patience, virtue, service & gratitude. She's always been possessed with such a positive outlook on life, no matter how tough her personal circumstances may be. She's a giver...always a giver...she has touched so many lives outside of our family. To her I owe everything...she brought me into this world, nurtured me, loved me, hoped for me. She is my rock. From small city girl to farmer's wife...mother, friend, confidant, true disciple of Christ. I love her dearly with all my heart. I consider it an honor to be called a mama's boy...I wouldn't have it any other way. Mom, I love you! Your son, Curtis

Happy Mother's Day



My guardian angel...my mother

"Dearest mother...how can I say...
how many times I think of you each day
You're part of me, the best part of me
You're everything I can hope or want to be
Service without thought, love without abandon
patience without reservation, hope and understanding

You are one of life's greatest gifts I could hope for...
A mother whose life emulates the Savior's
You partnered with God to bring me to earth
You are my mother...my mother of infinite worth"
Poem by Vaughn Curtis Larsen
The Flowers pictured up top, and used by permission, were arranged and photographed by Hannah Stevenson, our wonderful sister-in-law

2 comments:

The Keister Family said...

What a tribute to Candi! I loved the pictures that you included. I didn't realize that you wrote poems. You were in PHS Honors English, right?

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for the wonderful tribute, Curtis. I absolutley loved it and also am amazed by the great things you do, especially with this computer. My goodness it's like having you home for a visit. You know a tribute goes both ways, or like "Ellen" would say " Back at you" My tribute is found in YOU and the other five wonderful children that blessed our home and hearts. You are champions in my eyes, who give me joy and make me smile every day. Thank you so much for this wonderful gift on the computer. It's like I can be with you for a moment anytime of any day. Now, thats a good thing. The poem is beautiful. You have been a goer and a doer since you first opened your eyes into this world. We have always been so proud of you and all your accomplishments.I will never ever forget my first "real Lobster" and my fun date to the Christmas party, it was like being Cinderella and going to the ball for one special special night.
(Also running for the plane won't soon be forgotten either)Now, if I might request you could sing me a song one of these days and put it on a video, that would be great!!!Love you for your special spirit that always touches my heart. Love you for the good husband and dad you are and what a great example you are for the kids. Thank you for your giving heart, it meant so much to Grandma Winnie and to me to have you come to surprise her for her birthday.We love you Vaughn and or Curtis so very very much. We are looking forward for our Bear Lake trip. Love you forever. Mom