Yes..it is true...I've been telling many of you about this for years. Each week on Thursdays from spring until late fall, the Ice Cream Truck comes by Vaughn's (Curtis) work in Braintree, MA. My customer pays for the truck to show up once a week and deliver "free" ice cream to all those who work at their two buildings...regular Starwood employees and Starwood Partners like IBM. It is quite a sight to see grown adults drop everything when they hear the joyful music of the ice cream truck. The world is put on hold while adults with cheesey grins race to the truck to pick up their treasured ice cream. The line is long but everyone waits with such anticipation. Conference calls are put on hold, business screeches to a halt while grown adults revert back to their innocent childhood days. It really is quite a funny sight and NOBODY misses work on Thursdays. I just had to get a picture of the truck to prove to you all that it is true....and in case you are wondering...I definitely participate in the festivities...that's what being a good Partner is all about..sharing in the joys of your customer. Long live the Ice Cream truck. One of life's great joys.

4 comments:
Kerri and I were wondering if the people run, lope, bounce, or waddle to the truck?
hahaha...they run just as fast as they possibly can...without thought of anyone around them...it's total mayhem for the ice cream truck
O.K. Curtis,
Now you are really going to have to convince me that you do not have THE MOST CHARMED LIFE...SHEESH! This is just icing on the cake...or should I say sprinkles on the chocolate drumstick!
That's hilarious. I'm glad you have something so joyful to live for.
lol.
Love,
Britt
PS- How do your kids feel about that?
Post a Comment